AMP helps & supports students from Ukraine
In the face of the war in Ukraine and its consequences for the population, JAM MUSIC LAB Private University would like to draw attention to the following support options for affected students in Vienna and in the war zone.
The following is a list of assistance and donation options, as well as support organizations and offers of psychological support.
Assistance and donation options
Every day we receive calls for help from Ukraine. In view of the war and its massive impact on our students and those seeking help from the war zone, JAM MUSIC LAB GmbH has set up a donation account. The proceeds will be used to support the students and, if possible, to finance new study places in order to enable young people from Ukraine to receive an education in Austria. JAM MUSIC LAB GmbH gets involved by financing half of each new study place for displaced persons from its own funds.
For the other half, the young people depend on your help: Become a sponsor and help with your contribution to make study places and thus future perspectives possible for young Ukrainians!
- Addressee: JAM MUSIC LAB GmbH
- Intended Use: Soforthilfe für Ukrainische Studierende
- IBAN: AT12 1500 0002 0131 4762
Support for artists from Ukraine
The Austrian federal government provides support and a coordination office for Ukrainian artists:
Support organisations on site in Ukraine
- Caritas: distribution of food, heating material and hygiene articles up to the support of children in schools and in so-called Child-Friendly-Spaces as well as the care of elderly people in the most remote villages
- SOS-Kinderdorf: support with evacuation and emergency shelters, transport to safe areas, provision of food and hygiene items, immediate psychological help after stress and shock, reception of refugee families in Austria in SOS Children's Villages and via the host family program in Vienna
- Diakonie: providing refugees with food, drinking water, blankets and clothing. Partner organizations on site
- Volkshilfe: distribution of emergency packages (e.g. food, blankets, hygiene items, medicines), social support for those affected, emergency shelter for refugees
- Nachbar in Not: the aid organizations of 'Neighbor in Need' assist in the supply of water, food, hygiene articles, medical care and heating material
Free psychological support for Ukrainian students
The Psychological & Psychotherapeutic Outpatient Clinics of Sigmund Freud University Vienna together with ÖH offers free crisis intervention in English and German language for all Ukrainian students studying at an Austrian university.
If you want to take part in the offer, please contact the SFU Psychotherapeutic Outpatient Clinic via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the SFU Psychological Outpatient Clinic via email@example.com. Write "Crisis intervention Ukraine ÖH" in the subject line and send a copy of your student ID when registering.
For students who are currently in the Ukraine and cannot leave the country, an online group is offered. Please contact the SFU Psychological Outpatient Clinic for this.